medric medric
[닫기]
잠시만 기다려 주세요. 로딩중입니다.

Analysis of Risk Factors for the Development of Incisional and Parastomal Hernias in Patients after Colorectal Surgery

대한대장항문학회지 2012년 28권 6호 p.299 ~ 303
송인호 ( Song In-Ho ) - 서울대학교 의과대학 외과학교실

하헌균 ( Ha Heon-Kyun ) - 서울대학교 의과대학 외과학교실
최상기 ( Choi Sang-Gi ) - 서울대학교 의과대학 외과학교실
 ( Jeon Byeong-Geon ) - 서울대학교 의과대학 외과학교실
김민정 ( Kim Min-Jung ) - 서울대학교 의과대학 외과학교실
박규주 ( Park Kyu-Joo ) - 서울대학교 의과대학 외과학교실

Abstract


Purpose: The purpose of this study was to evaluate the overall rate and risk factors for the development of an incisional hernia and a parastomal hernia after colorectal surgery.

Methods: The study cohort consisted of 795 consecutive patients who underwent open colorectal surgery between 2005 and 2007 by a single surgeon. A retrospective analysis of prospectively collected data was performed.

Results: The overall incidence of incisional hernias was 2% (14/690). This study revealed that the cumulative incidences of incisional hernia were 1% at 12 months and 3% after 36 months. Eighty-six percent of all incisional hernias developed within 3 years after a colectomy. The overall rate of parastomal hernias in patients with a stoma was 6.7% (7/105). The incidence of parastomal hernias was significantly higher in the colostomy group than in the ileostomy group (11.9% vs. 0%; P = 0.007). Obesity, abdominal aortic aneurysm, American Society of Anesthesiologists score, serum albumin level, emergency surgery and postoperative ileus did not influence the incidence of incisional or parastomal hernias. However, the multivariate analysis revealed that female gender and wound infection were significant risk factors for the development of incisional hernias female: P = 0.009, wound infection: P = 0.041). There were no significant factors related to the development of parastomal hernias.

Conclusion: Our results indicate that most incisional hernias develop within 3 years after a colectomy. Female gender and wound infection were risk factors for the development of an incisional hernia after colorectal surgery. In contrast, no significant factors were found to be associated with the development of a parastomal hernia.

키워드

Ventral hernia; Surgical stomas; Ileostomies; Colostomies
원문 및 링크아웃 정보
  
등재저널 정보
KCI
KoreaMed
KAMS