잠시만 기다려 주세요. 로딩중입니다.

火傷患者의 疫學的 觀察

An Epidemiological Observations in 900 Burn Patients Admitted

경북의대잡지 1977년 18권 2호 p.172 ~ 182
노관식, 鄭鍾學,
소속 상세정보
노관식 (  ) - 慶北大學校 醫科大學 豫防醫學敎室
鄭鍾學 (  ) - 慶北大學校 醫科大學 豫防醫學敎室

Abstract


The followings are a summary of the epidemiological analysis of the clinical records in 900 burn patients admitted at the Department of General Surgery, Presbyterian Medical Center, Taegu, Korea for seven years from January, 1970 till ]~ecember, 1976.
Age distribution in burn patients showed that a total of 62 percent in all burns admitted were pediatric patients. The highest incidence in burns that was 36 percent of all patients, was found in the preschool age group (ages from one to four). IVfale patients were 1.4 times a many as female. However, when age and sex were considered together, no significant difference could be recognized.
No monthly difference in the burn incidence was observed. However, seasonal differences could be recognized. In the order of decreasing incidence of burn, we found spring most frequently followed by fall, summer and winter. To the question ~~f what time of a day sees most frequent burn accidents, the analysis showed most frequent incidence between 6 p. m. and 8 p. m. , followed by between noon and 2 p. m. and between 3 p. m. and. 5 p. m. in the decreasing order. When seasons and daily hours considered together, no signific:~.nt difference was found.
As for location in burn accidents, 72 percent of all the recorded burns took place at home, while the rest (28%) happened outside of home. There were more home accidents in the urban ,area than in the rural area.
An analysis of the causes in burn accidents showed that scalding. burns are 53 percent in all burns and flame burns were 34 percent. Urban resident: suffered from more scalding burns, while rural residents faced more flame burn accidents. In spring there were more scalding burns and in fall more flame burns. Most of pediatric burns were caused by scalding .burn while adult burns suffered from flame burn.
As for depth of burn injuries, flame and electric burn resulted in more full thickness burn. This means the causes of burn were closely related to tlae depth of injuries. Also a close relationship was .found between the extents and the causes of burn, and between the extents and the depth of injuries.
Upper and lower extremities were the most vulnerable area attacked by burn injuries.
Causes of burn injuries made differences in the location of burn.
Fifty-two percent in all burns analyzed were accompanied by some complications. The main complications were wound infection (22.2%), scar contraction (9.4%), airway obstruction (4.1%), septicemia (3.8%), curling´s ulcer (3.2%) and renal failure (2.1%) in order. The larger the extent of burn injuries there were, the more complications we found.
Detection of pathogenic organisms by culture taken from the burn wounds in 587 cases, positive rate was 65 percent. Out of these cultured organisms, we found Pseudomonas aeroginosa most, followed by Staphylococcus aureus, Enterobacter aerogenes and E. coli in order.
Positive reaction to occult blood test from .the burn patie;nts of 443 cases was 50 percent, showing extent of burn was in proportion to positive reaction to occult blood test.
The case fatality rate due to burn injuries was 11 percent. The case fatality rate was closely related to the extent of burn and patient´s age. Especially the flame burn patients shoved the highest case fatality rate (17%).

키워드

원문 및 링크아웃 정보

등재저널 정보